Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks


This has been a year of blessings for me. So many good things have happened. I have VA health coverage, and my health is good. I retired in Sept. I work with the Senior Corp Foster Grandparent Program helping wonderful people, take care of disabled children. Actually, that catch-all term, "disabled" is misleading. Oh, they have problems, alright. And there are some who probably do fit the disabled category. But for most, the problems are something that can be addressed, and transcended. Very dedicated staff. And the personal connections I have with so many of them enriches me in spirit, which cleanses my soul. So I am thankful and grateful for what I have. And now I suddenly have this other channel open to me, that of blogging, working with inspiring people who teach me how to fight for America's freedom. So, I want to say, Thank You, to all who have enriched my life. And I give thanks also to God, who lives in each of us, and feels our joy, our pain and Who holds us in His palm.

“But all the wickedness in the world which man may do or think is no more to the mercy of God than a live coal dropped in the sea.” - William Langland

It is not an easy time for anyone these days. There are forces of darkness unleashed in the world today, which will test us all, in ways we cannot even imagine in the months and years to come. We are all right where we need to be. The anguished cries of the world do not go unheard, however it may appear. Have faith. And for those who are able, stand up and fight.

No Apology