Sunday, June 03, 2007

1954 Eight Grade Test on US Constitution


While you're having your morning coffee, check out Kenny Hignite's test on the US Constitution, given in eight grade in 1954. Kenny was smarter that I was at thirteen, but he would be about my age.

I remember my Civics class, and I was also in the eight grade in 1954. I remember a few things about that class and about my teacher. I can't recall her name, but I do recall two incidents which stood out.

The first thing I recall was her reaction when someone came into the room and whispered something in her ear. She stood in front of the class, unmoving and silent for about 2 minutes, eyes closed. Then she burst out crying, sobbing actually, and it scared the crap out of us kids.

We figured someone in her family had died.

But no, she recomposed herself, an act of will, and she addressed the class, saying:

"Segregation of white and colored children in public schools has just been declared unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court".

She broke down again, crying. We had just finished studying about the Supreme Court, so we knew what that meant; not the ramifications, of course - that came later, for me in 1962 at Ole Miss. But that's another story...

The other thing I remember about my Civics class teacher is when she once asked my friend Norman a question about checks and balances in the Government - he didn't know the answer, so he made something up, a flip answer. She pounced on him, grabbed his shirt, and ripped his collar off. She said, "You think that's funny? You think that's funny?" And if he had thought it was funny, he didn't now.

It was a white shirt too, and I remember he was scared later to tell his dad, afraid his dad would pound him for upsetting the teacher. And scared not to tell, because he had a nagging suspicion his dad would find out about it, anyway, and pound him for not telling him. Poor Norman.

Of course, "civics" today doesn't mean what it did in 1954, does it?



I know one thing: we have much more to fear from our government, than we do from terrorists. Any act of terror will be probably disastrous, yes. A wound inflicted on the American people. But we will recover.

The tyranny our government is planning will have no such recovery possible, and it may well coincide with an attack on US soil, which would provide the administration (whichever one happens to be in the White House -all political parties being at the beck and call of the the Global Elitists, anyway) with a dandy excuse to strip our freedom away.

When the time is deemed right, the other show will drop. Then we will find out for real, what survival means.


Trackback:
Sisu
Perri Nelson's Website
Maggie's Notebook

h/t American Deception