Sunday, March 08, 2009

First Post Re-Visited

I am re-posting my first post, "Time To Roll" - in toto, as No Apology to show that a person even as naive as I was can get involved in what is happening on our watch here in America. My own awakening also shows what can be accomplished with due diligence, when the facts don't add up. You start where you are, and educate yourself. Then you pick your ass up, gather the necessary tools, and go to war. My first step was to put my television on the curb in front of my house. That was in Oct, 2006.

Now it's 2 1/2 years later, and the situation is even bleaker. My role is watchman, shining the light on the darkness, and trying to have a little fun in the process. I have also made many friends on the front line. - NA

"Time To Roll"


Hello, and welcome to my new blog!

I am a concerned citizen, trying to make sense of the current dangers within our shores, in our political institutions, in our bastions of "higher education". America's current plight, of an unrelenting stream of illegal immigrants, and the rise of Islam's sword, can be characterized by a lack of perception of danger to our way of life, and a disinclination to stand up and resist the multi-cultural Marxists' persistent whittling away at our political will. Over-simplifying perhaps, but it'll do for a start. The Multiculturalists, hammering away at our right of free speech (thanks
ACLU, you're now in my sights, too.), dumbing down our educational systems, plus the real dangers of using speech which is not Politically Correct (a hold-over from the Civil Rights Movement) have made us fearful and vulnerable.
In the 50's, when Pogo made his famous declaration about who the enemy is, we all smiled and said, "good one". Well here it is, fifty years later, and things haven't changed all that much. I confess, until a few months ago, I was mostly unaware of the forces of evil at work. I read MSM, like a lot of Americans, shook my head at the Mindless Muslim Rage, and figured someone, eventually would fix it.
As I prepared to retire to the Arizona desert with a couple of donkeys (yes, really) for companions, I made the decision to start a blog about my adventures. In preparation, I began to look online at the climate, demographics, etc., and to try to pick a logical place to drop anchor in Arizona. My first look was at the deserts, animals, flora, and.….the seemingly unending trash and human waste of the illegal immigrants coming across the Mexican border. I thought WTF? So I began to research the situation. What I found on the physical level in the desert and wilderness of the Tohono O'Odham and the Huachuca Highlands and mountains was certainly cause for concern. What I subsequently found residing in the mind-set of the current crop of politicians who should be protecting our borders was even more disturbing. Here's what I wrote at the time:


...for whatever reason, and I don’t believe in coincidences, I picked the southeast corner of Arizona to plan my retirement around (I’m 65 years old). And it wasn’t so suddenly – I have been looking into this for the past 6 months. Anyway, I like the desert, plus the sky islands (mountains) of southeast Arizona, and a small town like Bisbee or Patagonia both have small populations with a goodly number of artists living there. Also, the Tumacacori Highlands, with its vast high roadless prairie appealed to me. As I continued to research the SE corner of Arizona though, I discovered it also has something I hadn’t counted on - it also is appealing to drug cartels and coyotes (human kind), for very different reasons than my own. And who are even now, exploiting a very porous Mexican border, facilitating rampant illegal immigration, and drug running. I began to read various ranchers’ descriptions of life on the border for the past 20 years, tales of stolen property, fences being regularly cut, or simply driven over by the very busy and resourceful coyotes, who are bringing thousands of illegal immigrants and drugs across the border. And generally, making the ranchers’ lives hell. I saw photographs of the huge amount of garbage left in the Sonora Desert, the desperate lives lost every year in the unforgiving desert.


Curious, I began researching the border policies of both the US and Mexican government. What I found was a quagmire of failed immigration policies on the US side, a thoroughly corrupt political network, and failing economic policies on the Mexican side. Can’t fault the Mexicans who need work. It isn’t to be had in Mexico. Certainly not for the wages they can earn here. Of course, they head Norte. They need work, and the Gringos are hiring. On the US side, politicians have been unwilling for several administrations to deal with border control, and illegal immigration. Throw in the so-called “war on drugs” (supply is tight, price is high), and everybody has a reason to head north of the border. On our side the US employers are just, as President Bush put it, hooking up willing workers with undesirable jobs. (* note – show Big Bush Smile here) That is to say, they attract and flood the labor market with workers who have entered the country illegally, and are willing, desperate, to work for less than our American workers, thus depressing the prevailing wage, and keeping it depressed. None of this is news, of course. But the unions are going the way of the horse and buggy. Nobody to stand up for the American workers. We all are American workers. And believe me, there are no jobs Americans are unwilling to do. That’s a lie. But how do they compete with the illegals, who are flooding the labor market? Whatever the going rate for any job, when the Mexicans, in this case, show up, the rate will go down. Employers simply exploit the situation, because THE US GOVERNMENT allows them to. No real penalties to speak of. A wrist slap, a small fine, that is, when they are actually caught and prosecuted. Again, I’m not against the business community. They play the hand they are dealt, too. Now, to slide their way out of a hopeless situation, amnesty in various flavors is the politician’s answer. I’m not against the Mexicans. It’s not their fault. The corrupt Mexican government has languished for generations on the largess of Americans. I think it’s time it stopped. Cork up the friggin’ border and watch what happens. They will be truly f****d. Anarchy will prevail south of the border. Is that good dharma on the part of Americans? Who knows? It’s a rhetorical question, anyway. See, here’s the thing. I’m going out on a limb here, but I believe none of that is about to happen. Bush apparently definitely has this lofty plan to eliminate the border altogether, north and south. Yep, Canadian border, too. All that business about NAFTA, just the first pass, folks. Does everybody remember the words to Kumbayah?

"…man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.” - Ronald Regan

Where does that leave America? America? Sorry, my fellow Americans, but that’s a concept going the same way as the unions, and of course, the borders. I don’t believe within 25 years, there will even be a fight. The process went from protecting other’s civil rights, to
political correctness, to “fear of offending”. It’s become a kind of cultural sickness. Making people afraid of "offending" is also making them hesitant to stand up and be counted. No flags, no prayers, Christmas is on a watch list. But no, we have Kwanza now, so maybe Christmas will live another season. Look into the origin of Kwanza, if you want a good laugh. What a joke.

It's right up there with the origin of Alex Haley's, Roots.

So, no profiling either. Nope, sorry. Not even in the case of Islamic terrorists who, parenthetically, are alive and well in Tucson. Another reason for me to avoid Arizona. But that’s another installment. That ties the hands of the police, even the border control guards. The sky falls on the State Police, if they are caught profiling. “Racists!”, cries Al Sharpton. Ever notice how he just seems to materialize out of nowhere? At least up here in my neck of the woods, NY, Northern NJ. Then why do they profile? (Ans: to catch the bad guys.) Duh. The police are not stupid. Their job has just been made so much more difficult. Look out, or the ACLU, that snake pit, will be filing, have already filed class action suits before breakfast.

What are we teaching our children? They are paying attention, you know. It’s amazing what you discover, when you look. Do I know what I’m talking about? Why don’t you do your own research? Let me know what you find.

What’s important to me is being free to live my life simply, make art, help take care of disabled kids, become friends with a donkey or two. Unless my government is willing to protect it’s borders and work out sound fiscal policies, both at home and abroad, all that could be taken away. I don’t intend to stand idly by, and say nothing. I have eyes, ears, and a computer. I intend to use them as long as I can.

So. I also learned of the EC/EU-type political license GW has granted himself, along with Vicente Fox, and the boys North of the border. You know, the um, Superhighway that's been planned, without bothering to check with the folks unwarshed. It goes under the high-sounding name of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America, or as we like to say, the SPP. Apparently, this thing is pretty far along. Money's been allocated, and plans have already been laid to start building. You didn't know about this? Don't feel too bad, even some politicians weren't aware of it. It's the first step toward eliminating our national identity. Yeah, that's how the EU got started, too. Quietly, behind the scenes, slowly eating away at the concept of national borders in Europe. Getting wind of the SPP is about when I discovered the world of blogging, and things which the MSM don't talk about. Theodore Roetke said: "I learn by going where I have to go." Well, yeah that, too. Mostly, I learn by doing what I have to do. Even Especially when I don't want to do it, whatever "it" happens to be at the time. I would still like to walk away from what I've learned, but find that I cannot.. Early on in my first tentative attempts at blogging, I had decided I would go to Wyoming instead, and said so on my blog. I got a comment from Jake Jackobson, of Freedom Folks who told me flat-out, you can run, but you can't get away from the problems. Now I find that he's right. Because now I know there's a big problem, I can't run. I don't like it, but I can't just walk away. I know now what that H.L. Mencken quote means: "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." And I would do that, if I thought it would change anything. Instead, I will find others like myself, hopefully more versed in solutions, and try to make myself useful.

I don't want to get caught up, as many in the blogging world seem to do, in worrying about what the Left is doing. I know what they're doing, and don't need to be reminded every day. I need to stay connected with with warriors like, Dymphna and Baron Bodissey over at Gates of Vienna and Fjordman, who writes commentary like Vivaldi wrote music: he puts one, with almost frightening clarity, in the present moment. It's heartening to learn that so many people are willing to stand up and fight the good fight. I will be building a blogroll in the days to come. Time to work.

-No Apology

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~