Thursday, August 30, 2007

Life on the High Plains

I'm back. Re-built the computer, starting over. All research, notes, etc - gone. But maybe Bernie is right: starting over can be a blessing. My memory holds what is good and true about America, and who our enemies are.

I'm living in a trailer
on the high plains of Colorado - on the Comanche National Grasslands, near the Arkansas River - a dream of mine for a long time. This is my back yard. This is my next-door neighbor...a horse, who's not impressed with me. Beautiful.
Actually, it's in a trailer park, and I do have other neighbors. When the owner showed me this trailer, with the views (there's more - much more), I almost started hyperventilating. It's on a gravel road, and it's perfect.

It will take me some time to adjust - I'm still working with the phone company, trying to get a reliable dsl connection, but when I have all my news sources in place, I'll be back on the firing line.

My thanks to those who commiserated with me. See you soon.