Monday, October 01, 2007

No darkness but Ignorance


from Armed Females of America

School shootings, workplace violence and guns.

Something has changed and it's not the guns.

by T. Stephen Eggleston


I went to school in a different time, the late 1950's and 1960's. It was a semi-rural area, and most people in the area had guns. I was also a nerd before there was such a thing as a nerd. If I were in school today, I would have been labeled ADD and drugged into complacency. As it was, I was bored to tears because school was not a challenge. I was a target for every bully in the school from grades 1-12, including the teachers. One classmate expected me to show up every morning and accept my beating. I did it.

I looked at every school-day morning as a death-row prisoner must look at their last day on Earth, except I knew I'd have to repeat it tomorrow. Like many other kids in my school, I had easy access to guns.

If any kid ever had motive, means and opportunity to blow away their teachers and classmates, I did.

The LAST THING I would have dreamed of, however, would have been to shoot someone. I watched Elmer Fudd point a shotgun, point-blank at Buggs Bunny and pull the trigger. All that happened to Buggs was a soot-covered face. Somehow, however, I knew you didn't point a shotgun at a person.

I knew you didn't kill. (read the rest)

Zero Tolerance Laws - from the Eggman


The Eggman's JumpGate Site Map