Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Do Society's Rights Trump Our Individual Rights?

Henry David Thoreau, one of America's true sons of individuality, didn't think so:

NAU NO WAY








"When will the world learn that a million men are of no importance compared with one man?"

Do you value your freedom? Of course you do. No matter how much we disparage those outside our immediate value system, we still want the freedom to be and become who we are.... all under the good influences guiding our choices in life. And we want the same thing for our children, even if we don't have children of our own. And most of us want this freedom even for people with whom we disagree on most everything. I think that is because we do put a lot of stock in the higher influences guiding our lives. We may call it by different names, God, Spirit of the Universe, or even good music, books, good conversation. We rely on these influences, and we have faith (most of the time) in our choices. But most of all, we want the freedom to make good choices and bad choices. We want our children to grow up to be able to do the same.

But what if the ones in power in the world today don't want that for us? What if they have already decided they know what is good for the world, and are busily putting their plans into action, real action, backed by real money and power, and in fact are telling us (finally) what their vision of America is?

Let's say you come to the conclusion, based on what you read and see around you, that the SPP, the NAU, for example, are fascist (corporatism) based plans to relieve you of your freedom, in exchange for bondage for you, and liberty for the few in power. What do you do?

In my case, I became concerned about the unrelenting illegal immigration problem. They were destroying the desert where I wanted to retire. I began looking into it, and 8 months later, based on my research, I am stunned by what I have uncovered. Of course, there is always the chance that I am soft-brained and am imagining this. But I don't think so. There is simply too much evidence that our government has become usurped, through a long process of deceit, lies, and outright deception at the very highest levels of government.

So what can I do? First, I learned to use the internet, how to blog, etc. And I spent a long time reading, reading, left and right and in between. I am just one small voice. But there are many small voices just like mine. The first thing I did was to make a vow to speak the truth. About illegal immigration, about the hopeless state of public education, where parents have No rights, no real choices in the instruction of their children - are forced to sit quietly in despair as their children are exposed to poor instruction, to homosexual tolerance, to all kinds of tolerance. The individual is the smallest minority - Ayn Rand was right about that. But the rights of the individual are being denied even in K-12 schools.

I am just one of many. I have been hearing most of my life, that I am one vote, that my vote counts. No, I don't think so. That is another lie. Voting is just another way of deceiving us. The political parties don't matter. They just appear to be different, to stand for different things. America is being stolen from us, slowly, but surely. But the screws are about to get tightened. Our liberties are in deep, deep peril. I know I have to learn to think outside of the box.

My vote doesn't count, but my voice might make a difference.

"When will the world learn that a million men are of no importance compared with one man?"

I found some interesting quotes on Neal Boortz's website:

ON ABOLISHING INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..." [President Bill Clinton, 'USA Today' March 11, 1993: Page 2A]

"Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all." [Nikita Khrushchev], February 25, 1956 20th Congress of the Communist Party

"We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society." [Hillary Clinton, 1993]

"Fascist ethics begin ... with the acknowledgment that it is not the individual who confers a meaning upon society, but it is, instead, the existence of a human society which determines the human character of the individual. According to Fascism, a true, a great spiritual life cannot take place unless the State has risen to a position of pre-eminence in the world of man. The curtailment of liberty thus becomes justified at once, and this need of rising the State to its rightful position." [Mario Palmieri, "The Philosophy of Fascism" 1936]

ON EDUCATION
"Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?" [Alan Keyes]

And Be Sure To Watch This Little Feller...



Oh, and you might have missed this...New Orleans Cops illegally seize citizens's guns.