Monday, October 09, 2006

Our Borders

This is the start of my blogging days. Knowing nothing when I started, how to blog, post, edit, etc., it's taken me awhile to figure the html out. Thank goodness for WYSIWYG. In the beginning I just wanted to write about what it's like to retire, move out West, get a donkey, live a simple life. When I discovered what the illegal immigration situation is along our border with Mexico, my focus shifted.

As I began researching the situation with the illegals in America, my view opened out to the larger issue of who we are in America, who I am as an American. What values do I hold? Have our values so erroded in the past 50 years that we simply cannot hold back the forces intent on the destruction of America? I hope not. What can I do? Guided by my own intuition, I must simply start to speak the truth. To do that I will have to break out of the "political correctness" rule, which is so clouding our vision. So, even though I have some liberal values, and am not a racist (although some will undoubtedly label me so), I reject the censure of trying always to be PC. Right or wrong, I will speak my mind. I encourage others to do the same. I know this sounds a bit noble, but that's perhaps because I feel weak and need to sound brave. In fact, to actually speak the truth will not be without it's consequences. But I have to try because we are in trouble, as a nation. There are those who are intent on discarding the hierarchical nature of our legal and educational systems. It's time to stop this anti-American chorus of appeasement. If we allow anyone, especially our politicians, to subvert the rule of law, we give away our rights. Only by doing our duty are we entitled to the rights we have come to expect as Americans.

And what about the border situation with the Mexicans, and the politician's lack of will to protect our boundaries? All this border control talk notwithstanding, they’re basically saying, "Let 'em all in, give 'em citizenship". Congress doing what Congress does best: obfuscating, watering down the definition of ‘amnesty’. Which, according to Wikipedia means, “...(from the Greek amnestia, oblivion) an act of justice by which the supreme power in a state restores those who may have been guilty of any offence against it to the position of innocent persons. It includes more than pardon, in as much as it obliterates all legal remembrance of the offence.”

The offence of course, is illegal entry into the United States of America. But wait, they are here because of a wink and a nod to the current laws on illegal immigration. Oh, crap. How could we live with ourselves, if we just show them the door? Wouldn’t be “neighborly”. Truth of the matter is, they don’t have any intention of holding off the Mexicans. Never did. From the 1986 amnesty, till the present time. Oh, sure a little show of resolve now. Bush, feeling pushed to the wall says, “let’s build some fences, send in the troops” – well, they won’t really be troops in the strictest sense, cause we sure don’t want to piss the Mexicans off. God forbid. Another good idea: Let’s ask the Mexicans where they would like the fences built. The senate is just full of geniuses. We're talking about 40 to 50 million people, when you factor in their families. And now the word is: it’s one thing to approve the fence, and another to actually fund it. Um huh. Bush could simply not sign it for a few days, which would likely result in a "pocket veto". If he does that, the Republicans can start cleaning out their desks.

I feel sick about what's happening to America, but what to do about it? I love my country, and I hate to see it run over by mass immigration on the one hand, and by the Rabid Islamic Horde, on the other hand. Religion of peace, my ass. Western Europe’s pretty much a done deal for the Islamic Horde. They've lost their will to fight. Belgium appears done for. Sweden is letting the Muslims walk all over them, rape their schoolgirls with impunity. Is their collective guilt just too strong for any mounted resistance to happen? Guilt is a great debilitator. What are they guilty of? I dunno. Maybe for being a white, Judeo-Christian society. Go figure. And we can thank the power-hungry Charles de Gaulle, who back in the 60's and 70's, thought he could build an alliance with Arab Speakers. (Also, see Fjordman article.) How is that working out for you, guys? Jacques, you there? But please, by all means, keep appeasing them.


When the Muslim nutjobs have
stomped you into the mud, maybe you'll find the balls to kick them out. But it will perhaps be too late. Maybe that's what will happen to us in America. When MEChA, along with the Council on American-Islamic Relations (Cair) get to our legislators, as they already have done in our universities, we'd better have our cutlasses sharpened. Most major universities have a freshman indoctrination program, to instruct their students on "multicultural diversity awareness and sensitivity". Ah, but the multicultural, leftist academics have laid well the foundation for them, over the years, "celebrating our diversity". What a crock.

Maybe we can survive. Is that all we want to do - survive? At what cost? The small towns in America are beginning to fight back, making and enforcing their own rules, since the federal government clearly is unwilling to do so. Should we fight? These Americans think so, and aren't waiting for a rule-book on fighting to take back their towns and schools. See Hazelton, Pa here, and especially, here. And of course, the good fight is a magnet for leftist lawyers by the carload. So it's obvious that a protracted fight with the ACLU will be forth-coming. I am looking for a pro-active way to stand up to this assault on American values. If we wait for the Leftists and Islamists to bring the fight to us, it will be too late. I like the small-town "Git your asses outta my town" approach (I come from a small town in the South). And I don't know about you, but I don't feel too reassured these days by either Donkeys (the rabid type) or Elephants in office.

If I let it get to me, I lose myself. And I can't afford to do that. When I get still, really still, I remember who I am, and why I'm here on this earth: to find my way back to my Creator, and to love and help others along the way. But I don’t intend to become a doormat.

- No Apology